Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Admitted

So I'm writing this from my hospital bed in KKH. I went for my routine check up and apparently my blood pressure was really high so the gynae wrote a note and asked me to go to KKH A&E immediately. 

I should have taken yumtum's advise and packed some stuff (toiletries) but I only took my phone charger (and not even the long cable pfft) and headed to the hospital. Optimistic me. 

Anyway after observation at the hospital, the doctor said they couldn't let me go home so I had to be admitted for at least 24 hours. +3 bought me some food (2 sandwiches which I wolfed down cos I only got to eat at 9pm) and 2 more cheeseburgers (in case I get hungry in the middle of the night). 

Not the best midnight snack cos you know, salt and high blood pressure don't go well together, but I'm just keeping it here in case I get hungry. And in case anyone jumps to any conclusions, mac isn't something I eat regularly. 

Now I'm decked out in the fancy hospital gown, which incidentally is nursing friendly (KKH mah) and now I see why nursing tops can be so useful. You've got holes everywhere for your boobs to pop out! 

I've also got to have my BP checked every hour (nurse said, no need to sleep lor) so if there is a sudden spammage of posts, you know why. 

Anyway, all is well and I'm trying to stay chill and relexed. Have my phone charger so yay for juiced up phones. Hehee. 

No comments: