Wed 4 Apr
- Flight from SIN to BDO was the little one's first time on a flight with his own seat. He did not like being buckled in and struggled so much that he bit his tongue. He also only preferred the fruit from the on flight meal.
- Got picked up and went to SIL's new home. Parts of it were still under reno so we decided to book a hotel room cos it was dusty and not too safe for the lottle one with all the tools and sharp pieces lying around.
- Had my massage with Bu Made.
- Little one had a massage too and peppered her with kisses after. Hehe
- Dinner at home before checking into the hotel (Mason Pine Hotel).
Thu 5 Apr
- Breakfast was included in the bookimg so we head there in the morning. Nothing exciting.
- Had lunch at a cafe called Miss Bee's and I love love love the place. Apparently it gets really crowded on weekends and I can see why. I had pasta and sweet potato fries and a fruit bowl which was my favouritest thing I ate in the cafe.
- +3 was supposed to go to the dentist but the wait was too long and I was exhausted carrying and even more exhausted toddler so we went back instead.
- Had dinner at the hotel. Food was pretty good.
- Discovered that the little one thinks it's hilarious to have what little hair he has tied up in a fringe-ponytail. Have to admit he looks super cute with that hipster hairdo.
Fri 6 Apr
- Decided to explore the hotel and discovered that there was a kid's club and a rather nice water play area. Didn't pack a suit so we stayed indoors in the kid's club. We were the only ones!
- Bu Made came in the afternoon for more massagey goodness.
- Had dinner with SIL at a nearby restaurant. Almost wanted to punch a Korean guy who kept tripping over babyAC's baby chair. YOU CANNOT SEE ISSIT.
- Did not know you can download youtube videos which allows you to watch them offline. This is awesome and I downloaded so many videos from Super Simple Songs. Hehe.
Sat 7 Apr
- We were supposed to head out to the Factory Outlets but that didn't happen so we had lunch in the hotel and napped and decided to just take it easy.
- Checked out the chinese restaurant in the hotel for dinner and ordered too much food.
- Video called gong gong cos the little one kept asking "gong gong where?"
- Have to add the little one is also super friendly and always saying "Hello!" to everyone he meets.
- MIL is in Bandung but she had to head out with my SIL to Sukabumi for some ching ming stuff. Didn't get to meet them cos by the time they got back to Bandung was super late.
Sun 8 Apr
- Meet up with MIL and family (both SIL's and their families), and also one of +3's cousins. Had an early breakfast in case they picked us up late and I was right. By the time we got to the dim sum place it was 939-945am?
- Dim sum place was in a mall. Did a spot of shopping after. What did we buy? Ice cream and underwear from Mark's and Spencers lol.
- Finally left Bandung at 1+ with the little one passing out in the middle of Zara.
- Drove and stopped by Asep Strawberry for a late lunch. Yay! Ever since we discovered how convenient it was to take the train to and fro Bandung and Tasik, we hadn't been to Asep Strawberry. MIL was sweet enough to hire a driver to drive down to Bandung so we could all drive back up and pass by Asep Strawberry.
- Yummy food. Happy me.
- We ate at a pavilion which meant we were sitting on the floor with low tables. Little one was a happy camper running around.
- Got to Tasik in the evening and picked up some groceries and diapers before heading back home. Was too full for dinner so I prepared oats for the little one and off to bed.
Mon 9 Apr
- Being in Tasik = lazy days. We didn't really have any plans. +3 and MIL caught up while the little one played in the garden riding a toy car that's more thab 10 years old.
- Had chicken porridge for breakfast and mie (not from mie selecta though, but thr brother's shop) for lunch. YUM.
- Took naps and got bitten by a gazilliom mozzies. (I'm the only one who gets bitten, by the way.)
- Dentist aunty came by as well. Little one is busy charming everyone he meets.
- Just realised we didn't have bandrek when I was there! Oi.
Tue 10 Apr
- SIL was supposed to come to Tasik so we could all go to my FIL's grave for ching ming. The plan was then to go back to Bandung together. However Bu Made said that the timing was too late (SIL's home is outside of Bandung) so we had to think about what to do.
- Decided to take the train to Bandung and check into a hotel near the train station. The hotel also provided a free shuttle to the airport so that settled our transport.
- SIL arrived much later than expected so we didn't get to go to my FIL's grave to pay our respects.
- Did a quick run to the department store to buy some clothes and oranges for offerings.
- Got to the train station where the little one tired himself out pushing the (very heavy) luggage back and forth. That's one of his favourite things to do too.
- He was excited to see the train, then passed out in his seat while eating a bread bun.
- Train ride was uneventful (which is always a good thing). Offline youtube videos helped.
- It was a short walk from the train station to the hotel but the sidewalks were so badly maintained, +3 had to carry the luggage (instead of roll it) most of the way. With him doing all the heavy lifting, we were so glad that Bu Made was able to give him a massage when she came.
- Called in-room dining for dinner and had an early night.
Wed 11 Apr
- How did a week just pass by so quickly?!
- +3 was feeling bloated, probably cos he skipped lunch and wolfed down dinner after his massage. The aircon in the room probably didn't help as well.
- Hotel brekkie, back to the room to pack, checked out and took the free airport shuttle. Something we'll look out for when we go to Bandung next time and stay in hotels.
- Bought a book for the little one and some snacks for colleagues at the airport.
- Didn't buckle up on the way back to avoid a meltdown.
- Home sweet home.