Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
And now I know why. I just discovered the 2 fingered scrolling thing which makes navigating a page SO MUCH EASIER. *love*
Friday, December 18, 2009
Anyway we had the office Christmas party today and had a blast. We all dressed up as rocker chicks and there was a Guitar Hero competition which my colleagues took part in.
There were 3 teams and 3 prizes, but had to forfeit the chosen song. Instead they played a song of their choice and had to settle for third. They got a bonus cash prize of $100 cash each for showmanship though. Lol!
It was really fun cheering them on. Everyone dressed up, wore outrageous make up, painted our nails black, and screamed our hearts out.
Had a couple of last minute meetings after and that's why I left the office late. I reckon I should have enough time and won't miss my flight. I hope.
Lol. 2 weeks in India. Woot!
Monday, December 14, 2009
This was what happened when suddenly I remembered something that I had forgotten about so many years ago. Something that lay dormant in the deep recesses of my mind. Something that sprung up unexpectedly, resurfacing when you never thought it would.
The mind is a funny thing eh. How it's able to blank out certain incidences, and only when specific triggers have been activated, do you remember what it was.
Amazing. And quite disconcerting.
Friday, December 11, 2009
It was a fun night though. We caught up and gossiped about Korean ski instructors, annoying and embarrassing newspaper editors (and their kids), being smothered and mothered, traveling styles, 2010 travel plans, and a whole load of other stuff.
Ended up chatting with a bunch of ang mohs who were in town for a toxic waste management conference or something. I asked them to give me a hazmat suit, to no avail, but did leave with the newfound knowledge of how to create toxic fumes. (Amonia + clorox!)
Got back home and chatted with the grasshopper for a bit. He's booked everything for our upcoming Goa trip, and we were really psyched. Goa baby!
Heehee. Anyway, I smsed my boss to ask if I could come in late. But strangely, I managed to wake up and even left the house earlier than I usually do! Wah. Amazing. Lol. I'm still feeling a little tipsy though. Hahahaha.
Alrighty. TGIF!!! One more week and I'll be off again. Woot!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
how I feel most days- that tonight's gonna be a good night. I watched
the video of the flash mob dancing to this song on Oprah and it made
me grin from ear to ear.
So occasionally, I use the song title / lyrics as my FB status. But
now, I'm feeling a tad bored and looking for a new happy song that I
can quote. Hmm.
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
when we were done, she asked the school to call 2 cabs. I innocently
asked her whether she was going back to the office and she said that
we didn't have to. Yay!
So now I'm in a cab, on my way home. I think I'm gonna try to make
some Mishti Doi today. It's a great day!
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
- Walked around and discovered that the view was simply breathtaking from the rooftops of one of the houses. You could see for miles and miles and everything was just so beautiful. I could have sat there for hours.
- Left Wild Haven and drove to Gopalaswamy Betta Hill. The drive was quite scenic and the view from the top of the hill was simply spectacular. Explored around a bit. It was very nice.
- Got back on Sunday night and slept all the way till late Monday morning. Whined about missing Chinese food (I was sick and missing it!) and the grasshopper brought me to this Chinese restaurant. Have no idea what manchow soup is, but had it nonetheless.
- Went contact lens hunting and I totally forgot that mine are the kind that needs to be pre-ordered. Yikes!
- Had sugarcane juice and all was well with the world once again. Sugarcane with ginger is da bomb!
(And i just missed my bus stop- shit.)
- Finished half a bottle of baileys before heading out to the airport. Ran into Cheryl and Dave at the airport and the newly engaged couple said that they had a fantastic time in India too.
- Was absolutely stoned by the time I boarded the plane which was good cos that meant that I could just sleep all the way, which is what I did.
Now I need to figure out how to get to the office. I'm so so so so far away! Dammit.
[ETA: Pictures of my trip can be found here.]
- I think the fun starts the moment I land at the airport. I get in touch with the grasshopper and it's all a matter of timing to see if he can reach the airport at the same moment I step out. So far, I've always had to wait. Lol.
- Bacardi breezers for the drive back to the grasshopper's place. The boy needs to learn that 2 bottles will only last half of the trip back!
- Manicure, pedicure and hair spa at Salon Mousse with Karen. Aah, finally managed to meet up with her after 5 months. It was really nice to be able to speak Singlish to someone in India hahaha.
- Had a migraine at night. Grasshopper was tasked to find drugs to make me well again. Painkillers = love. Lol.
- Lunch with Karen again at UB City. Apparently it's a really atas
place. Grasshopper was learning how to use chopsticks. So cute.
- Watched 2012 at the cinema. They didn't sing the national anthem before! I felt cheated. Hehehe.
- Appam with sunny side up egg for dinner. Ohh it was yummy! Then off to that restaurant for Mishti Doi. Be still, my heart!
- Went to Tanu & Souby's place for drinks. The view from their balcony was really nice. Hung out till it was time to leave.
- Headed out at 3am. I slept most of the way in the car. Caught the sunrise along the way and stopped to take pictures. Sunrises are always beautiful.
- Arrived at Wild Haven at about 10am or so and had breakfast before taking a quick nap.
- Drove out to some river and dipped our feet (and more) in the icy cold water. How random it felt to have a chilled beer in the middle of a river in the middle of India.
- Went further out in the jungle to view wild animals. Saw nothing for the first hour, when suddenly we spotted wild boars. Then peacocks, deer and finally a wild elephant. It was awesome. We also saw bison and more elephants further up.
- Sat around a bonfire drinking. The weather was very, very cold and I was freezing and not feeling all that sociable. But the company was good and you can't go wrong with Jagermeister.