Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Quest For The Perfect Pair Of Shoes

There's a saying that goes something like this- In this world there's no such thing as an ugly girl, only a lazy girl.

What this means is that any woman, regardless of how she looks, can become beautiful if she puts in the effort. And how true this is. The internet is full of before and after pictures of plain janes who transform to beauty queens with the magic of make up.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I'm a lazy girl when it comes to my looks. I barely use any make up, can't be bothered to dress up, and can happily leave the house with messy hair (ask my mom).

Of course, I can't deny that I am blessed. No acne or scars that need covering up, nothing about my face that I do not like or would want to change.

I do have moments where I feel girly and want to dress up, but those moments are few and far between. Usually I'm quite content to just be comfortable, walking around in flip flops (fit flops to be exact, hur hur).

Thing is, I was snooping around on the corporate website and found an article about dress code in the office. Bla bla bla about looking professional and then I saw the line that said "No flip flops or sandals."

Say, what?

Ok la, I can't say I didn't know flip flops were too casual for the office, I just didn't really care. But that got me thinking.

Wouldn't it be nice to find the perfect pair of shoes? One that is comfortable enough to walk long distances, of good enough quality to last a while, basic enough to match anything I wear, and decent looking enough to pass off as almost professional (ok, to pass off as NOT casual. No need to be professional haha).

I'm sure such a pair of shoes exist. I added the bit about quality because there are these ballet flats-type of shoes that are comfy, match almost anything and can pass in the workplace, except they tend to fall apart after a month or so.

So that's what I am going to look out for this year. Me? Shopping? Wish me luck.

No comments: