Sunday, February 27, 2011
- Checked in at almost midnight and ordered room service.
- Slept in on Saturday morning.
- Had lunch at Anjappar. Chettinad food is SO spicy but SO good. *slurp* And we found out later that there's an Anjappar in Bangalore and Singapore too!
- Too stuffed from eating, went to Express Avenue and did a bit of shopping. Managed to find a pair of pants that I liked. Yay!
- Was a little hungry but the grasshopper was too full, so he went out and bought some dosa for me to eat first.
- Walked to Saravana Bhavan for some mini idly.
- Went back to the room and watched TV.
- Was supposed to go to Murugan Idli for breakfast but we slept in and ate in the hotel instead. (Oh I just saw that they have a branch in Singapore too!)
- Met Santosh at Dakshin for lunch. OMG the food was so good. *slurp* Gotta make sure not to stuff self with papads before the thali comes. Otherwise will be too full to finish.
- Bought some DVDs (7 actually) as an introduction to the world of Hindi movies.
- Ordered room service and bought a bottle of wine from MIXX - a bar at another hotel. Ate and drank wine and went to bed.
- Woke up early on Monday morning so the grasshopper could catch his train ride back to Bangalore. Slept in and then checked out and made my way to the airport and back home.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
I just got back a couple of days ago from a weekend trip to Chennai. Tiger and most airlines have cancelled their direct Singapore-Bangalore route, which leaves us with 3 choices if the grasshopper and I want to meet up.
1. Take a Singapore Airlines / Silkair flight from Singapore to Bangalore.
2. Meet in another country.
3. Meet in another part of India.
SQ flights are ridiculously expensive for weekend jaunts, so that's out of the picture. Although, I did see some Silkair flights to Bangalore that were about 600 bucks. Almost double what I used to pay for my Tiger flights, but still fairly affordable. The only problem with these cheap-ish (in comparison) is that you have to fly on weekdays. Thursday and return on Tuesday type of flights. And I don't have enough leave to do so.
Meeting in another country is also possible, but that means that both of us would have to fork out money for flights. And then accomodation. And if you're going to be forking out that much money, might as well take a longer break and have a nice holiday. Unfortunately, we have a limited number of leave we can take. *sigh*
So the best option so far would be to meet in another part of India. Tiger still flies to Chennai so I can get cheap tickets there. And the grasshopper can take a train ride down, which isn't very expensive either. The only additional cost would be accommodation, and that's not too expensive in Chennai.
.. Ok I haven't even started writing about the actual weekend and I have to end now. Lol. Shall continue later.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Don't know what it is about this year, but I've been feeling rather festive. Maybe it's because mom did some really cute CNY decorations around the house, maybe it's because we finally bought a microwave oven, maybe it's just something in the air. But I've been pretty chipper and even singing along to the incessant CNY that's playing everywhere.
Qi ge long dong qiang dong qiang! Wo men qu bai niaaaaaaan!
Anyway with all the luck that I have lo-ed in the past week, I think I'm gonna try my luck and buy me some toto tickets. Big $10m draw next week. Wonder what to do with my winnings?