Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cutting Down

I just realised tonight how much I can and do drink. Hanging out with people with the same level of alcohol tolerance kind of breeds this sense of normalcy, but when you start to hang out with "normal" people, you're not so normal after all.

Had drinks at No5 today with some of the guys (and gal) from work. Started off with a vodka lime while we ordered food, while the others nursed a beer each. Polished off my drink pretty quickly and ordered me a second one, when I realise that I'm the only one who has finished my first drink.

As the evening wears on, I finish 2 vodka limes, 1 beer and I think 4 martinis. And I'm perfectly OK. A little more chatty than usual, and grinning from ear to ear, but very OK. And everyone else? 2-3 drinks each, max 4-5 drinks.

Yikes.

It made me realise that I really need to stop drinking so much, and that it's not normal to be able to polish off a *bottle and a half* of wine for dinner. Health reasons and bla bla.

I guess I really need to make a conscientious effort to cut down abd drink less. Plus I can save more money too. :D

No comments: