Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm Still Here!

Oh dear, I really ought to be more diligent about updating this space, don't I? Ah well, I'm here now. Lol. If I had to sum up the past couple of months, I would say a recurring theme that I've noticed was a blast to the past.

- Had lunch with metamorphoenix a couple of weeks ago. She decided to drive out to Casuarina Prata, and as the car turned into the carpark, I was struck by this sense of familiarity. After walking down the row of shops to Casuarina Prata, I realised that I had spent many weekends during my uni days hanging out there with my then-bf and our group of friends.

- Visted the Yummies for Hari Raya celebrations. It was the first time I was visiting since they moved to Pasir Ris. I got off the bus and was making my way down the road, and got that same feeling of familiarity. The fish pond? The park? The canal? And it struck me, I used to live in the neighbourhood with the same uni ex-bf. I hadn't been to Pasir Ris in years, and now I've had 2 experiences where I'm reminded of my past! Lol.

- Went for supper with S & B at Chinatown. It was the first time I was hanging out with the both of them, and we decided to have some porridge before heading home. As I placed my order for my pi dan zhou, I realised that I haven't had supper in the longest time! Probably not since my clubbing / pubbing days. Yikes. It used to be the routine after a night of hard partying and drinking, to grab some bak kut teh or prata.

- I was faffing around and clearing out old emails, when I saw some email correspondences between me and J. OMG I had forgotten our long chats which provided a much needed emotional support when I was going through some difficult times. We keep "in touch" through sporadic facebook messages, but it had been such a long time since we actually had a chat. So I wrote a message to say hi, and that was nice.

So that's that. Nothing extremely exciting, but heartwarming in the way that only good memories can bring you.

No comments: