Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Lost... and Found!

So I lost my wallet last week after sending my dad to the hospital. I stopped by the ATM, hurried to the cab stand to rush back to class. My sis had called me and I was admittedly quite distracted with our phone conversation, and by the time I got to my destination, I realised my wallet wasn't with me. 

It's such a hassle to lose your wallet. First, I had to call my colleague to come down to help me pay for my cab fare. And after thoroughly checking through the cab and my backpack, I then had to call the banks to cancel my credit cards and ATM cards, and call my husband to do the same with his cards that were with me. 

I then had to ask the school to deactivate the access card, and issue a new one (damage: $30 - but thankfully the school was gracious enough to absorb the cost for me). 

After that, I went online to make a police report detailing all the items I lost- not really a must-do but it's good to have a record in case someone uses my IC and pretend to be me on carousel or something. 

Had to make a new condo access card ($30), get new ATM cards ($5), and get a new IC ($100) and drivers license (no idea how much it would cost). The police lady who was in charge of my case advised me to wait for a couple of weeks before renewing it, to see if anyone returned my IC.

My wallet also contained my wanyang card with the details of the balance number of sessions, all ny discount cards from various places, my spare ezlink card, kopitiam card and hundred over dollars in cash. 

I kept track of my ezlink card through the ezlink activate page (PSA: register your ezlink cards so you can block them if they are lost), and since there was no activity on the card, I maintained a glimmer of hope that my wallet would be returned. 
 
+3 thought my wallet was pickpocketed because he thought there were people who targeted distracted people at the ATMs to make sure there is cash in the wallet. And over the weekend, I grew slightly more resigned to the fact that I would probably have lost everything forc good.

To my pleasant surprise, I found a letter in my mailbox yesterday stating that there was a found item! *dance! I took some time off and made my way down to the office and everything was returned! The lady gave me a list of all the items inside and there were all 40 items (6pcs of bandaid too). 

Thank you to the kind stranger who returned my wallet intact, the world is made a much better place with people like you in it. 

No comments: