Wednesday, February 14, 2018

HFMD, UTI, CNY

Aaaand the little one somehow got HFMD. I'm not sure if he got it from the childcare centre or from the playground at home, but the last couple of days has been a painful replay of the last time. 

With multiple ulcers in his mouth, it's been painful for him to eat or drink. He takes ice and iced water, and thankfully today ate a bit of porridge and bread. He also happily ate some chocolate ice cream, but we really have to watch the cold food intake cos he is also having cough. 

As usual when he is sick, he becomes really clingy and grumpy, and I'm glad I have a supportive team and boss at work that took the initiative to find someone to cover my duties so that I could stay home to look after babyAC. The result of having a little koala cling on to my like I'm the last eucalyptus tree on earth is that I've been holding my pee a lot, and that led to UTI. 

Not a good time. 

And because HFMD is contagious, it's affecting our CNY plans. Namely, we won't be having dinner with the family on the first day of CNY. 

Sigh. But what can we do? 

Just gotta count our little blessings I guess. +3 took the day off to help with taking care of babyAC, which meant that we were together for Valentines' Day. Not that we are the sort to really go out and celebrate it, but it was nice to be together, even if it was to soothe a crying child and (force) feed him his meds. 

Let's hope we get all the sickness and unpleasant stuff out of the way early this year, and that the rest of the year will be a healthier year for all. 

No comments: