Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mothers' Day

I wouldn't be the recipient of mother's day celebrations if I didn't have the little one. At 2 years and a little over 3 months old, his personality is really developing and it's quite clear he inherited the joker genes from his parents. 

Waking up in the mornings on the weekends is probably one of my favourite things about being a mother. We're still bed-sharing so when I wake up, I see a little face staring back at me, who breaks out into the sweetest smile. Sometimes we start the morning singing songs, or giggling over funny faces. And if we're lucky, the little one will let out a long, loud fart which he will proudly announce "FART! ".

The hubby wanted to go out for breakfast this morning, but I didn't feel like forking out 20 bucks a person for eggs, bacon and toast. So we prepared toast, sausages and scrambled eggs, and set out the picnic mat and had a simple picnic on the balcony. 

We're now hanging out at home cos it's raining, and the boy is playing with his "donuts". +3 bought some small wooden discs for the busy board and had some extra and the little one is feeding us with banana, carrot and broccoli donuts. I love how imaginative he is - one of his favourite things to play now is pretend cooking and eating. The other day,  he squeezed folded up umbrella and told us he was putting ketchup. 

He's also the sweetest boy. He saw a bruise on my leg and said "pain pain, put cream" and brought me to the room so I could get some cream for him to put in my leg. 

Of course, we're not exempt from the terrible twos but honestly, it doesn't feel all that terrible to me. It's sometimes quite funny to see him have a meltdown over the smallest and oddest reasons,  but I know it's all developmental and he usually is a sweetheart anyway. I think being an older mom really helps me with perspective. 

Anyway,  enough here and off to spend time with the family. 


No comments: