Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fresh Cherry Tomato Relish

I was reading / watching Food Wishes and came across a recipe that I just couldn't get out of my mind. Just like I made mayonnaise and kaya just to see if I could actually make it at home, this was one of those moments that have no actual reason other than simple curiosity. Plus, it felt easy enough to make. All I needed was to find out if it tasted as good as it sounded. And oh it was so yummy. I did tweak it a bit, using lemon juice instead of red wine vinegar, and added onions too. My version below, click on link for original.

Fresh Cherry Tomato Relish
Actually I'm not sure how this is different from salsa. Heehee.

Fresh Cherry Tomato Relish
Ingredients:

1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, quartered (about a bowl full)
1 clove of garlic
1 small red onion
Juice of half a lemon
3 tablespoons of olive oil (I think? I just winged it)
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

Instructions:
Ha, so easy. Mix everything in a bowl. Put in fridge for half an hour to chill.

No comments: