Saturday, November 6, 2010

Festival Of Lights

I'm finally in Bangalore, and descending into the airport this time round is probably the second most amazing experiences I've had on a plane so far. The first one being the time we flew past the peak of Mt Everest while heading to Bhutan.

The pilot made an announcement that we were going to descend, and mentioned that if we looked out the left window, we'd be able to see the fireworks and celebrations. So I turned my head and looked out the window, and I saw an entire city that was lit up and shimmering. Every where you looked, there were crackers being lit, exploding in the sky and really giving meaning to the Festival of Lights.

The plane finally landed and I had a huge grin on my face. I cleared immigration quickly and got into the grasshopper's waiting car. We drove back home and lit some crackers downstairs too. Whee!

I think I'm going to wake the grasshopper up and get him to go buy some more crackers so we can burn them downstairs. Happy Diwali!

No comments: