Monday, June 11, 2012

Coffee Is An Evil, Evil Thing (But Oh So Delicious)

Was over at Carol's on Saturday. She had just moved to her new place and needed hands to help with unpacking.

We did quick work of moving her stuff from the boxes, and soon unpacked her swanky little coffee machine. After digging around some more, we found the accompanying coffee capsules, and decided to christen her new place by celebrating with a piping hot cuppa.

Nevermind that it was 4pm. Give me the strongest brew!

The coffee was good, and the following hyper-ness even better. I was bouncing from wall to wall, talking a mile a minute, and basically behaving how I do when I have too much caffeine in my system. I figured that since we were heading to the beerfest, the alcohol would cancel out the effects of the coffee and balance in the world would be restored.

Fast forward to after the beerfest, where we consumed just enough beers as my bladder could hold (no peeing in the portable toilets for me!). Headed home, showered, and went to bed.

3.30am and I was still wide awake. Bah.

Thankfully, though, that was a Saturday night and I could sleep in on Sunday. Woke up at noon and then could not sleep on Sunday night, and the whole vicious cycle continues. I slept at 2am, forced myself to wake up at 7am to get to work, got home after work AND FELL ASLEEP COS I WAS SO TIRED.

As JM so famously told me while I was at the ripe old age of 24, "You're not getting any younger, you know."

Now that I've woken up from my ill-timed nap, I'm wide awake once again.

The moral of the story? It's exactly what the blog title says. Coffee is an evil, evil thing. But oh so delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that "coffee is an evil, evil thing (but oh so delicious) :) I love coffee! I always wonder why it never wires me up until I am ready to go to bed? crazy but so delicious :)