Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Walking In Right Angles

Decided to walk home after work today. The total distance isn't all that far, about 6-7km, and it's along a straight road so the chances of me getting lost was really quite minimal.

Packed my stuff in a trusty backpack, changed into comfortable walking shoes and attire (comfort is key!) and set off.

The walk back was actually quite pleasant. Most of the way was along a park connector, so there was ample greenery, and although the main road was just next to the path, the traffic fumes weren't that bad.

Playing music helps as well, and I was happily singing along to Queen. Think I might have startled (or amused) some of the bangla workers at one of the construction site as I warbled along.

I don't know why people are making such a big fuss of this though. I've walked longer distances back home before (last time it took over 4 hours!) so this was relatively simple in comparison. There wasn't any particular reason why I chose to walk back either, except to see if I could or not. Lol.

The last part of the walk was a little challenging though. Getting close to home but not familiar enough to take short cuts. Decided to stick with the main roads instead of risk getting lost. Perhaps next time.

No comments: