Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm Cheap

It's been a year since I joined my current job, and I must say that the past 12 months of having cheap lunches has changed my expectations of food prices somewhat.

Watched Hangover3 at Cathay over the weekend, and decided to have a late supper after the show. The kopitiam at Bras Basah was a 24 hour joint, so we headed there to grab some grub.

I happily whipped out my kopitiam card, which entitled me to a 20% discount (10% off at other outlets). Ordered me an orange-carrot juice, which cost *coughchoke* $3.60. Even after my 20% off, it was about $3!

Sure, it's not a large amount of money, but I pay half of that at my workplace! And to think kopitiam used to be the cheapest option for lunch when I used to work in the area.

Ah well. I guess I just have to be glad that I don't have to spend so much money for lunch these days and enjoy having a bit of savings in the bank.

:)

No comments: