Tuesday, February 3, 2015

5 Things I Noticed About Being Stuck At Home With Shingles

Having been stuck at home for more than a week (thanks, Shingles!), I've discovered a quite a few things that I never really noticed before.

Laundry
When you don't have to go to the office every day, you don't have as much laundry to wash! I've actually managed to clear our laundry bin and for the first time since I moved in, there was actually an empty bin. I even managed to wash an old bag that was had been lying at the bottom of the laundry bin for ages!

Toilet Paper
Woah, I did not realise that I use that much toilet paper. Being sick means I have to drink more water. Drinking more water means more toilet breaks. More toilet breaks means more wiping up. More wiping up means using more toilet paper. I used SO much. It's scary!

Cooking For One
Cooking for one occasionally is fun. You get to prepare whatever you crave without having to worry. If it turns out badly, no one will know! In fact, there were a couple of times I lost my cooking mojo and the meal didn't turn out very well. I was glad that I was the only witness. But it does get boring, especially when there is a long list of things that I cannot eat.

Shedding
I know I'm home all the time now, but why in the world am I shedding SO MUCH hair?! It's a wonder I have any hair left on my head (ok on closer inspection, my hairline is thinning. Eeks.)

Neediness
Man, being stuck at home all day without going out for more than a week gets boring. And apparently I turn into a needy, whiny wife. Lol. +3 has been great though, this morning after having breakfast, I turned to him and said "I'm feeling needy" and he said "Let's hug for 5 minutes". And we did. *love*

No comments: