Thursday, October 11, 2018

Morning Merrytime

I had to be at work early today but it was the last day of our event and all the major parts were already over.  I woke up and got ready, and then lay back in bed watching the little one sleep. I should have left at 7am, 730am latest to be on time for work but it was already 745am and he was still sleeping and looked like he was about to stir. 

After a few moments of turning and stretching, his eyes open and he flashes me the widest grin. He says "mama" and closes his eyes again. I stroke his hair and say good morning,  and he stretches his arms out as he opens his eyes again. 

"mama carry? "

I pick him up and get out of bed. He lays his head on my left shoulder, and closes his eyes again, twirling my hair between his fingers.  "Let's go say good morning to daddy and Nanny. " 

We go outside and +3 greets him with the chirpiest "Good morning! " Nanny does the same. He starts to chatter about his police car and I pass him to Nanny to I can get ready to leave the house.  

While putting on my shoes, Nanny shows him how to turn on the iPod and some music starts to play. It's Queen's "I want to break free" and the boy is jumping around happily dancing and squealing in delight. 

My shoes are on, I'm carrying my bag and all ready to step out of the house. But this is a moment I can't resist. I go to the dancing little one and grab his hands and we bob around laughing and dancing (note: this is a very BROAD interpretation of the word "dance"). 

I get him to stand on my feet and I walk around with him for a bit, much to his delight. And everyone has such huge smiles on their faces. 

Eventually we leave the house and blow a few kisses and take the lift down. We wave again at the both of them who are now standing at the balcony. While walking out, we see a little girl at her balcony, we wave and she waves back. 

What a beautiful morning.

No comments: