Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Hide and Seek

This morning, the little one and I were playing hide and seek. We were both still in bed, and the little one decided to take a pillow and cover his head. I poked my head inside and asked him what he was doing.

"Hiding!", he giggled. 

"Let's hide together! See if daddy can find us, ok?" I told him as we lay there, face to face, smiling and stifling giggles, waiting to see if +3 was coming in. 

"DADDY! COME FIND US!" 

Giggles. Smiles. Furtive peeks when we hear footsteps coming. We were partners in crime, hiding out in a cave. 

We lay there, waiting. The footsteps were coming closer. 

Daddy was in the room. "Hmmm I can't see anyone...." 

"I'm here daddy!!!" the little boy gleefully throws off the pillow, happy to have hidden so successfully. 

And this is what beautiful mornings are made of. 

No comments: