Monday, June 8, 2020

Back To Work

So Singapore has exited the circuit breaker and we are now in Phase 1 of the post circuit breaker whachamacallit. My workplace has implemented working on split teams so one week at home, one week in office so i'm back in the office this week. 

And it's disgusting. 

After more than 2 months of being away, I kinda expected some dust on the surfaces but when I stepped in today - my office chair had MOLD. Icky, possibly asthma inducing, mold. 

Yuck. 

Anyway some thoughts being back :

1. It's disgusting - my office furniture is all moldy
2. I was on MC when the circuit breaker came into effect, so I didn't get to clean up my desk. Coming back to it was so strange, like time stopped and you're looking at how life used to be before a disaster
3. Social distancing among colleagues is hard. Got to remember to keep 1m apart when walking to canteen etc
4. The toilet is so far away (compared to my tiny home where everything is within 5 steps)

But I really shouldn't complain. Today I took the bus and I'm thankful that the (private) bus services had resumed, even though there were significantly less passengers (6 compared to a full bus of 40) on the route today. 

And I still have a job. 

No comments: