Monday, June 15, 2020

Goodnight Sweetheart

So tonight, I was patting the little one to sleep, as I always do (or nanny does if I'm busy/sick). We have a cute little routine, which started from one of the books we read at night (Goodnight Moon) where we touch noses. 

Nose to nose. And we boop our noses together.
Cheek to cheek. 
Ear to ear. 
Chin to chin.
Forehead to forehead.
Long hair to short hair.
Nose hole to nose hole. 
And whatever funny combination we can think of. 

After the giggling and laughing, I patted his bum as he settled down. His eyes were getting heavy and his breathing getting steadier. He looked at me through his sleepy eyes and shot me a sweet smile, before closing his eyes and falling asleep. *LOVE* 

These are moments I treasure so much, cos I know that there will be a time when he won't want me to pat him to sleep at night. 

No comments: