Monday, February 22, 2010

Friendship First

The grasshopper reminded me of something while we were chatting last night. We were having a little discussion about something and he said, 'Aren't boyfriends and girlfriends friends first before anything else?'. And it made me think.

It's so easy to take your loved ones for granted. To yell at them when you're in a foul mood, to pick on them and generally dump on them just because they are there. I look at the friendships that I have with the girls around me, and I don't think I've ever had a yelling match with LGG or Ching or any of my close friends. Sure, there were definitely times where we got annoyed with each other, but we've never actually fought. Why can't it be the same with the relationships we have with our partners?

It's much easier said than done, of course. But still, it's something to think about and try to work on.

1 comment:

Ki said...

You've never had a yelling match with any of your close friends?

Either you have a bad memory, or I'm not one of your close friends. Which is it?

;)