Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Day Out

I don't usually head out on weekends but was hankering for a giant slab of steak, so I made plans to have lunch with Carol. She was on her way to town for a hair and pedicure appointment but could swing by and pick me up and squeeze some time to eat before she had to go to the salon.

We went to the Black Angus Steakhouse at the Orchard Parade Hotel and I ordered a 10oz. New York Steak. Also ordered a blooming onion to share. We had a nice chat over lunch and somehow I decided to follow her for a hairwash after. Like a taitai. Heehee.

The lady at the salon did a nice shoulder and back massage and washed my hair with something that was nice and minty (and good for my scalp). I would have fallen asleep but was having a Whatsapp discussion with Ching and Wen on how and when we should go to Ladakh.

Headed to Borders after that with ncely curled hair, and was tempted to by a Learn How To Speak Hindi audiobook. Was also tempted to buy a phrasebook which might come in handy for my upcoming holiday.

Then walked around Ion and got lost, bought myself a yami yogurt, asked the concierge where the taxi stand was and am now on my eay back home.

This is why I don't go out more on weekends. It's crowded, you end up spending too much money, and at the end of the day all you really wanted was to sleep. Lol.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm on my way home. Nothing beats being snug in bed on a cold rainy day.

No comments: