Thursday, April 4, 2013

Daily Devotions

I was tucking the kids into bed tonight, when Ethan suddenly says, "Mom hasn't done our daily devotions."

The thought of getting my brother or sister-in-law up to read to the kids cross my mind, but they've had a long day and I know they are tired. I ask Ethan and Julia if they would like me to read to them instead.

It's a short chapter talking about forgiveness, followed by a simple prayer. The kids repeat the prayer after me and after that I give them a hug and kiss goodnight.

I feel humbled. A part of me feels odd and out of place, reading these devotions (worried I would sizzle up there and then). But another part of me feels blessed to be a tiny part of something that is so important to my niece and nephew, even if it was for just one night.

No comments: