Friday, July 26, 2013

It Happens Almost Every Day

I'm pretty sure I've written about this before, but since it's an almost daily occurrence I thought I'd pen it down again.

My routine every morning is pretty simple. Alarm clock rings at 7am, and again and again every 10 minutes for the next hour. In between snoozes, I whatsapp my sister, check facebook, email, and surf the net for a bit. By the time it's 8am or so, I roll out of bed, wash up, get dressed and leave the house by 8.10am.

I usually yell out "Bye Maaaaaaaa!" as I'm putting on my shoes, and she comes out of the room to give me a hug before I go.

The thing about my mom, though, is that it's very important that one leaves the house look all spiffy and... proper. I'm pretty sure it bugs her to no end that her daughter is happy to step out the door sometimes looking like a hobo.

Ma: I comb your hair?
Me: It's combed! *runs fingers through my hair* See?
Ma: But you will look so pretty if people can see your face...
Me: *runs out the door* Buh byeeee!

And she keeps trying. Every single time she can. Lol. Gotta love her la.

No comments: