Wednesday, July 24, 2013

On Dating

I don't think anyone really goes out to meet people with the mindset "oh I shall go dating". Or maybe they do, I don't know, but I know I certainly don't.

Perhaps it's me being jaded, perhaps it's me being happy with the way things were going in my life, but I never really felt any strong urge to DATE in the past year or so.

LGG and other concerned friends would ask me to go out, meet men, go dating. And while I understand the logic of having to meet new people in order to increase the pool of potentials, it never really bothered me enough to go out and do something about it.

I figured that I might as well enjoy myself now, and if and when I start to feel lonely/horny/bored/the need to procreate (uhm why do people date again?) then I'd start to put in some effort in meeting new people. No point forcing myself to do something I didn't feel compelled to. It will happen when it happens.

Of course, the universe had other plans and I gotta give the universe credit for letting things fall into place with no effort on my part (universe knows me best hur hur).

Who woulda thunk that I'd end up dating my movie and makan kaki aka couch landlord aka artist formerly known as ACG?

It makes sense though. We usually have a blast hanging out, and he is one of the only people I know who finds it hilarious to do bo liao things like photobombing tourist pictures. There is a high level of comfort when we are together and I guess it just felt like the natural next step.

So, happy days! It's still too early to tell but I guess we'll take it a day at a time and just enjoy the ride. Wheee!

No comments: