Monday, April 21, 2014

I'm The Luckiest Girl In The World

Hehe these were the lyrics to a song I made up randomly yesterday. We had a long weekend (Happy Easter!) and what a wonderful time we had. Three day weekends are the way to go!

On Thursday night, we had dinner with the parents and ate the lemon poppy seed cake that I had baked. Was discussing with CH on whether we would feel any of the side effects of consuming poppy seeds, but I felt nothing. +3 on the other hand, slept like a baby when we got home, so maybe...

Slept in on Friday, went to the shops and bought luggage for our trip (matching luggage too - hur hur so couple-y). Popped by the temple and had a late lunch at the Platypus Kitchen. I have to say, lunch was disappointing. It was a far cry from the last time I had dinner there with CH a couple of months ago - the portions had shrunk and it felt like eating ordinary pasta. No wow factor at all. I don't think I'll be going back there again!

Had a lazy Saturday, went to the TCM to stock up on meds, bought some stuff from Marks & Spencers and Spotlight, and watched a Game of Thrones marathon (trying to catch up!). +3 cooked a really delicious sayur assam which makes me salivate thinking about it. Slurp.

Sunday was productive. We did grocery shopping at Meidiya, ate ramen at the basketball ramen place, packed and folded all the clothes in the cupboard (yay for the clothes folder) to make space for my stuff. Also started packing for our upcoming London trip. Whee!

All in all it was a good weekend. Five more days to our holiday!

No comments: