Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Almost 7 Months

BabyAC spent the three nights when I was away at my parents' place. He usually refuses to take the bottle when I have to go to work and will sometimes wait for me to get back, but drinks when he is very hungry and cannot tahan anymore. During the time he was with my parents, he figured out soon enough that I was away and stopped resisting the bottle. Smart boy!

Was so nice to come back home and see +3 and him (actually +3 picked me up at the airport). I had to resist the urge to wake him up and smother him with kisses. I was a little worried that he'd not want to nurse once he was used to the bottle, but thankfully he latched on as well as he always has. 

He is almost 7 months old! Time really flies. Here are some updates: 

- He has started on some solids, once a day. He has taken peas, pumpkin, brown rice porridge, sweet potato, carrots, banana, avocado, fish, spinach and even a little bit of bread. 

- He can sit up by balancing himself with his arms on the floor (tripod) and is getting steadier day by day. Once he can sit up better, we'll be getting a high chair for him. 

- He has also learned to get himself onto his hands and knees, and tries to crawl but usually ends up swaying back and forth on the spot, or moving backwards somehow. 

- You can feel his lower teeth cutting through his gums! Poor boy has been rather irritable and now I know why. Thankfully he likes his teether and that seems to give him some comfort. 

- After shaving his hair three times, we're finally going to try to grow it out. His hair is slightly thicker in some places and he seems to have a bald patch at the back of his head hehe. 

- It's the seventh month (hungry ghost month) so I've been rather paranoid about keeping him indoors in the evenings. Instead of dropping him off at my parents' place and having dinner there when I'm done with any work meetings, I've asked my nanny to come over to babysit for this month. Interestingly, a lot of people didn't think I was so superstitious, but better to be safe than sorry I say. 

He is generally a happy boy, who is relatively friendly and charms most people who meet him. He reserves his heartiest laughs for his father and always gives +3 the biggest grins whenever he comes back home at the end of the day. 

Everyday I look at my little family and I'm so thankful for all the blessings and happiness that I've been given. :) 

No comments: