Monday, February 23, 2009

Word Of Mouth Advertising Is A Really Powerful Thing

It's amazing how positive word-of-mouth recommendations can help sell something so rapidly. LGG saw the fortune teller a little less than a year ago, and because he was able to give the name of someone in her life that no one else knew about, almost all her friends flocked to make an appointment with him.

Fast forward to the weekend that just past- and already I have four five friends who have made appointments with him. I'm not sure how he did it, but being able to accurately read my dad's name, my mom's name, and my ex-husband's name convinced me that he's the real deal. He was also able to give details about my first marriage that while not utterly impossible to guess, was spot on enough to give him credibility.

So according to the fortune teller, I've not been happy the past couple of years. I've seen happier times before, and from this year on, I'll be able to find happiness again. Yay! He said that I won't have too many obstacles and challenges, and any that I face will be stuff that I am able to overcome, especially with daily prayer. (Interestingly, I was the only one that LGG knew that he said to pray daily.)

He said that I'd meet with uncooperative and jealous people in the course of my work, but overall, I'd do well career-wise. He also foretold promotions and pay increments. Cha-ching! Apparently I'll also eventually have a couple of people who report to me, but I guess that comes as part and parcel of moving up the corporate ladder. Not too hard to guess hehe.

I take it that I won't be a tai-tai any time soon, seeing how I've got a good career ahead of me and he didn't mention anything about being able to stop working. Pfft. But ok lah, as long as I'm happy. *grin*

Relationship-wise, a second marriage and children are on the cards so I guess I don't have to worry about being a lonely spinster for the rest of my life. According to him, my next husband will be tall and handsome (YIPPIE!), well educated and will make me really happy. We'll travel a lot and may migrate to another country and settle down there. Sounds like a plan!

The fortune teller also said that I was brilliant and talented and that I have a good heart and am kind. Heehee.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with my reading, although I have to say it's not something that was revolutionary or life-changing. I know that I need to move on, I know that I want to be happy, and that's all that really matters, isn't it?

2 comments:

Elena said...

hmmm, i'm afraid if i have my fortune read, he'll say i'll have bad luck all year round. pff.

bunnygoeszen said...

Lol, then you better not see if you're not prepared to listen to what he has to say.