Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trip Highlights Part 2

- Saw an elephant near the compound while we were sitting around the bonfire. It was eating from the tamarind tree which was right in front of our cottage! Also saw lots of deer hanging around. Woke up in the morning and there were so many deers just outside our door! It was amazing.

- Walked around and discovered that the view was simply breathtaking from the rooftops of one of the houses. You could see for miles and miles and everything was just so beautiful. I could have sat there for hours.

- Left Wild Haven and drove to Gopalaswamy Betta Hill. The drive was quite scenic and the view from the top of the hill was simply spectacular. Explored around a bit. It was very nice.

- Got back on Sunday night and slept all the way till late Monday morning. Whined about missing Chinese food (I was sick and missing it!) and the grasshopper brought me to this Chinese restaurant. Have no idea what manchow soup is, but had it nonetheless.

- Went contact lens hunting and I totally forgot that mine are the kind that needs to be pre-ordered. Yikes!

- Had sugarcane juice and all was well with the world once again. Sugarcane with ginger is da bomb!

(And i just missed my bus stop- shit.)

- Finished half a bottle of baileys before heading out to the airport. Ran into Cheryl and Dave at the airport and the newly engaged couple said that they had a fantastic time in India too.

- Was absolutely stoned by the time I boarded the plane which was good cos that meant that I could just sleep all the way, which is what I did.

:)

Now I need to figure out how to get to the office. I'm so so so so far away! Dammit.


[ETA: Pictures of my trip can be found here.]

No comments: