Monday, February 6, 2012

The Dragon Year

It's the last day of CNY today, which means that I have no more excuse for pigging out. Now I'll just have to sneakily stuff face with loveletters and what's left of the pineapple tarts. Lol. But I've said this before, and I'll say this again.

To all yous who feel guilty about eating too much over the festive period, don't! If you don't overeat, you're not doing it right. Abundance, right? Hehehe.

Anyway, one of the good things about being divorced and subsequently dating someone that everyone disapproved of, is that I'm no longer subject to the "when are you getting married?" questions from all the older folk in the family. In fact, I think everyone is just happy that I'm not off and running to some faraway land, and that I'm just here.

I've definitely been making an effort to spend more time with the parents, especially since I'm the only one left in Singapore, and I can tell that my parents are happier.

I've enjoyed just taking a break and settling at home (if that makes any sense), and this year seems to be a super nua year so far. Just hanging out at home, reading books, watching endless reruns or cooking simple meals.

Lazy evenings and weekends are really quite blissful.

No comments: