Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Knowing Your Roots

Over dinner tonight, Jeanne shared that she had a copy of her family's ancestral "records"- which date back to 741AD. Apparently she comes from a long line of scholars, with one of her ancestors even being a prime minister of sorts back in China.

Curious to know what my family history is, I ask my dad if he has any idea. I come home and see him poring over a yearbook-like tome of picture after picture. We have a book too!

This book was compiled by the Lee Clan Association Group (haha ok I don't know the official name, but it's some sort of 会馆) but only dates back to 1410AD. It doesn't look like it contains *everyone's* names though.

Anyways, we find my dad's pictures in it but we're not too sure how to read the information so can't really tell who the upline is. I did manage to figure out that we came from 永春. So pleased!

After a quick google search, LGG tells me it's -40degrees at night and -26degrees in the day and really shouldn't have complained about the relative toastiness in Darjeeling, seeing how I apparently come from Eskimo stock.

Yong Chun is also famous for producing lychees, which I guess would explain my love for lychee martinis. Lol. It's all in my blood!

Ah well. It's interesting to read about such stuff and have a better understand of your roots. Maybe I should make a trip to Yong Chun one day.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Marlboro Newport Cigarettes is one of the cigarette brand which grew significantly and in 1975 it overtook Winston to become the NO.1 brand in the U.S. and by 1982 Marlboro Lights had established itself as the NO.1 selling low tar cigarette. Marlboro Lights is a classic version of Marlboro, despite being a light Cheap Newport Cigarettes, it has a nice smoke density, a fair nicotine hit and very sweet taste.

Jason said...

Now, tribes such as the Oneida Indian Nation have opted to sell only Indian cheap newport cigarettes brands because they don’t want to pay the taxes.
Some baseball players interviewed by The Associated Press last month were receptive to the idea, but others viewed a ban as an infringement on their newport cigarettes freedom.