Sunday, March 3, 2013

Roadie

Took the roadie out for a spin today, after E helpfully helped me to change the inner tube and pump up the tires.

It took some getting used to, and I think a lot of my initial fears were unfounded. It is a much efficient ride though, and I think I just need to figure out how to improve my riding posture to make it less tiring on my arms.

Unfortunately, I do see why it's a roadie, and meant to be ridden on the roads. Our usual ride through the park connector felt like it was a much bumpier ride, and harder to control over unstable ground.

Hopefully I'll be able to clock in some miles on the roadie and be well prepared for the 59km. B and E are both thinking of buying hybrid bikes, and I'm tempted to purchase a new steed, but my current one is still barely 4 or 5 months old.

I guess that I will see how the race goes, then decide if I want to get a new bike. Till then, will practise with my borrowed roadie.

No comments: