Monday, August 26, 2013

Two Sides Of A Coin

One thing I've learned is that there are always more than one side to a story. What you hear is usually from that person's point of view, and one should always be mindful of that.

Someone I follow on instagram posted a public post. Her main gripe was that her husband's ex was now following the same people on instagram, liking the same pictures, using the same hashtags etc. I think the word stalker got thrown in somewhere too.

Naturally, that post garnered lots of sympathetic replies. People saying that they would unfollow this ex, and generally agreeing that this was stalker-ish and unacceptable behaviour.

Uhm. I don't really get what's so wrong though. If there is a user whose pictures on instagram I like, I check out his/her followers and who he/she has been following, because you're more likely to find someone with similar creative tastes.

Anyway, soon after this post was made, a user who is presumably the stepson of this person (son of the ex) started commenting. He was basically saying stop smearing my mom's name and you're the stalker instead.

*fight! fight! fight!*

I don't know what is really going on, but this stepson's posts really served as a reminder not to believe everything wholesale and that there is always another side of the story.

No comments: