Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I'm The Luckiest Girl In The World

Was out the whole day for work, and feeling exhausted since I hadn't slept the night before. The cooler bag that I brought out with me because I needed to pump, had to be washed, along with all the bottles I had in it, thanks to a spilled bottle of milk that I didn't close properly.

BabyAC is tired but doesn't want to sleep, and is fussing in his crib. +3 was about to take a shower but sees that the baby is fussing, comes over and says, "I'll hold him." I don't know what happened after that as I drift off to sleep. 

4-5 hours later, I'm wakened by the sounds of my baby fussing again. He's hungry and his last feed was 5 hours ago. I pick him up and nurse him, and realise that I need to pump. I remember the mountain of unwashed bottles and pump parts. 

When I put BabyAC back in his crib, I see that the steriliser is full. I peek inside and all my bottles and pump parts are there, cleaned and sterilised. +3 washed them before he went to bed! 

It's a small gesture but one that makes me feel so loved and so supported. It's not an easy journey breastfeeding, but I'm glad I am doing it and I'm glad I have +3 on my side. 

No comments: