Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Power Of Friendship

I've written many times about how blessed I am to have the most amazing family and friends- people in my life who love me and are so supportive of what I do. To be honest, when I write about these friends, I usually have in mind the same bunch of people- typically my close circle of friends whom I hang out with on a regular basis.

Last week, I was reminded of how truly blessed I was again. And not from the usual suspects, too.

It had been a crazy week at work, and I was thrown a curveball and had to get some last minute work done. The few "official" vendors that I had refused to do this project, mainly because of the extremely short timeline.

Feeling desperate, I turned to some old vendors that I had previously done work with and asked (ok, begged) for help. Amazingly, I managed to get not one, but three contacts of people who were willing and able to finish the project for me. *bless*

And it touched me that they were so willing to help, because they were helping me. Yep, they were doing this as a special favour. For me! :)

Imagine the grin I had on my face for the rest of the day. I was walking on cloud nine. Throw anything and everything at me, I don't care. Cos I have friends who will be willing to help me out.

Anth told me this a long time ago, when I remarked about the outpouring of love my friends gave me when I was going through a break-up. She said something to the effect that I give out love, and thus get back love in return. (She phrased it much better.)

And you know, I think it's true. I've always had good relationships with my vendors. While I agree that as a client, we are paying for a service, there is no need to take advantage of your vendors. I always try to give them a fair and honest deadline, and do not understand people who say they need things urgently tomorrow when actually they need it two weeks later. And always remember that they need to make some profit! If they go bust cos you keep squeezing them dry, they won't be able to help you next time, right?

Ah well. That's just what I think. :)

1 comment:

About Kimchi said...

totally agree your point.