Monday, December 2, 2013

The Last Stretch

It's amazing how it's already December. As always, around this time of the year, I ask, where did all that time go?

Well the better half of the year was spent in a happy couply bliss with +3. The more time we spend together, the more we realise how aligned we are. From the silly to the serious, it all seems to be falling into place. And I like how we find random things to dk together. Like the detox foot patch thing. Lol.

The detox thing seems to be working well. Better sleep at night and +3's exzema on his foot seems to be improving too. It's not very expensive but over the long term costs do add up ($2/day), and with the idea of the $5/day challenge at the back of our minds, it does seem like a bit of a splurge.

We talked about doing the $5/day challenge over the weekend but we had thanksgiving dinner at FashionJeannie's place on Saturday, and Marc was over for dinner at the parent's place on Sunday. So I adapted the challenge somewhat, and said that we should just try to be more mindful of how much we spend in December.

It's tough though. I've already received my Christmas present from +3. We were walking around GWC and there was a sale for WMF cookware, so he got a set for me. Oh be still, my heart!

And I've been cracking my brain trying to figure out what to get him too. Hmmmmm.

The rest of the month looks like it's going to be quite busy. There are a couple of Christmas parties coming up, my brother and his family will be in town, the parents will be heading to visit my sister in the US, and it's a busy period at work for me as my event is in early Jan.

All in all, 2013 has been a good year and I have a feeling 2014 is going to be better. Met up with Mama Yvonne (yes she's expecting!) when she was in town, and she said 2013 was a good year for roosters and 2014 will be even better. Yay!

Anyway in this final stretch and over this Christmas period, I wish everyone an adundance of blessings of love, happiness, good health, wealth, peace and joy.

Happy December!

No comments: