Monday, June 29, 2009

10 Things To Be Grateful For

During the Kota Kinabalu trip, we talked about (what else) happiness and such and sometimes it amazes me at how happy I am at this point in my life. No, things aren't perfect, but I'm so thankful that I'm able to recognise that it's not that bad either.

So here are 10 things I'm grateful for. Big and small.

1. My blanket. Love how it keeps me warm when I'm cold. I'm all wrapped up now. Hehehe.

2. My wifi enabled phone. Having wifi was one of the things I insisted on when I was shopping for a phone. Didn't use it much initially, but am using it much more now.

3. Good food in my life. Singapore is really a glutton's paradise and I love being able to eat such a variety of food. Slurp. And having family and friends who cook well too? Best.

4. A roof over my head. A place to call home.

5. A close knit family. I know a lot of people aren't very close to their families but I'm so so so so so thankful that I am. And it's not just my immediate family, but extended family like aunties, uncles and cousins.

6. Wonderful traveling companions. It's not easy to find people that you enjoy traveling with, and I think it's amazing how good a time the 4 of us have when we travel together. It helps that we're all pretty easy going (read: lazy) and don't fluster easily. Lots of laughter on our trips.

7. My camera. Sosososo glad I brought my camera on this trip, otherwise we'd have no pictures. Lol. Plus I never have to worry about charging my batteries since it's powered by AA batteries!

8. A job I'm happy at with a boss I like and respect. Sure, my boss is leaving but I'm glad I had the opportunity to find out what it's like to work under a good boss.

9. Free accommodation in NY if I go in the next three years! One good thing that came out of my boss' resignation. Lol. I'll save a bomb!

10. Wanderlust. Notice how there's an exclamation point only in the item about an upcoming trip? Lol. I'm glad I am curious enough to want to see the world, and that I have the means to.

:)

No comments: