Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Muscles, They Burn!

Argh. I'm aching from every possible body part, thanks to an over-enthusiastic workout session at the gym yesterday. I decided to start off by doing interval runs for about 20 minutes, then walked on an incline for another 10 minutes. Did some rowing for another 10 minutes or so, took a breather and then hit the weights machines.

I must have been possessed or something and went at the machines with no plan in mind except to make my muscles burn. And burn they did. I did exercises on my biceps, triceps, inner and outer thighs, my back, my chest and shoulders, my abdominals. I went nuts!

Woke up this morning and could barely roll out of bed and peel off my clothes. Tried to do some stretching, but the damage had already been done.

Anyway, was chatting with cousin.e about my upcoming trip to Kota Kinabalu and she advised me to train as hard as I can for the remaining days that I have left. She suggested I do squats- 5 sets of 100 reps a day. That's 500 squats a day. *faint*

Being the good girl that I am, I decided to give it a go, despite all the aches and pains I was having. Managed to do 50 squats, took a break and did another 50 squats. And my legs were feeling quite jelly-like. Yikes. So unfit. How to climb mountain like that?

I'll try to do a couple more squats in the morning and again in the evening and hopefully my leg muscles will toughen up some. *crosses fingers and toes*

No comments: