Monday, October 26, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes

I was reading through old entries in my happy notebook and came across one that I wrote exactly a year ago.

"Although it seems that there is no end in sight, things will get better one day and I'll start to feel happy again."

When I look at how I am today, it's hard to remember the gloom and unhappiness I felt a year ago when my marriage had broken apart. It's hard to remember the pain I felt, the sense of loss and unjust and anger. And honestly, I don't even remember how I managed to muster the strength to just move on.

Getting a job really helped the process though. Having something to do, meeting new people, learning new things, immersing myself in the corporate world. Being valued for my inputs and ideas, getting to know my colleagues, earning an income and feeling worthy once again.

It also helped that I had amazingly supportive and loving friends and family.

It's funny how resilient we are. One year on, I'm traveling a lot more than I ever did. I'm meeting people from all over the world and having the time of my life. I look at myself today, and I'm happy.

What a difference a year made, huh.

No comments: