Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Making Resolutions

Hmm ok I know I said that I didn't make any resolutions for the new year, and that I was happy and content to just wish every well. I lied. About the not making resolutions bit, I mean.

So I sort of made 2 resolutions this year. One was to cut down on my drinking. The idea was to allow myself to have one drinking session a week on weekdays, and weekends were free for all (hello, champagne brunch!).

I've been able to keep to this resolution so far. The only boozing I've done so far since coming back from my holiday (heehee yes, I'm conveniently not counting that absinthe filled evening) was the champagne brunch and fake meeting at Harry's. Then again, I'm pretty sure the only reason my drinking has cut down is because LGG hasn't been in town. Hmm. Lol.

Anyway, the second resolution was to go to bed by 11pm every night (Fridays and Saturdays not included) in a bid to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night.

Unfortunately with the difference in time zone between here and where the grasshopper is, it's been a little tough keeping to the bedtime curfew of 11pm. Plus we've now got video-chat (skype = love) and our conversations have been getting longer and longer. Eeks!

Had supper on Sunday night at Jalan Kayu with my brother and sister, so by the time we got back and I went to bed it was already 1ish. Then I can't remember what was up on Monday night but I eventually went to bed at 2ish. Chatted with the grasshopper till 1ish but was reading till almost half 3.

So much for sleeping at 11pm huh. Yikes.

Anyway, LGG has been complaining that she's been boozing even more heavily than usual ever since she resolved to cut down on the drink. And I've been going to bed later than normal as well. Hmm maybe it's a sign that we aren't meant to make (and keep) resolutions? Lol.

Ah well. 2010 is going to be an awesome year, no matter what. At the end of the day, that's all that matters, whether we stumble into bed drunk at 3am or not. Hee.

No comments: