Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Please Do Not Lean Against The Door, Thank You

I'm on my way to work and not feeling as pumped about it as I think I should. Well, not like how I felt when I wrote the previous blog entry, at least.

Perhaps it's cos I'm headed to the office more than an hour earlier than I usually do, perhaps it's cos I've not had anything to do, or perhaps it's cos my body is still recovering from a recent bout of flu. Who knows.

Had an interesting chat with a colleague yesterday about work and office politics. He was giving me advice about how to protect myself at the workplace and how I seemed to be rather naive about certain things. He had a very different perspective, coming from a different department, and really gave me a lot to think about.

Finished up yesterday at 7pm and even though it was 'late' by my office standards, I couldn't help but be thankful that I left the office while it was still light. I've had far too many late night OTs and that just made me appreciate how lucky I am now.

Anyway, on the way to the office and for some reason there is an announcement at every station not to lean against the train door. Lol.

No comments: