Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Little Change In My Daily Routine

This is what my day used to be like, before I realised that I was eating every meal out. I'd wake up, get ready for work, rush (ok I lie, I take my time) to the office, order breakfast at the cafe on the same floor, have my breakfast delivered to my desk (oh the convenience!) and eat breakfast while checking my work (and personal) emails.

Breakfast would usually be the toast set - 2 soft boiled eggs, 2 slices of kaya toast and a cup of kopi. After breakfast, I'd potter around the office and then make plans for lunch. Lunch could be as simple as ordering from the cafe again and eating in (spaghetti, curry chicken, fried noodles) or as sinful as having mojitos with a large steak and fries.

After lunch, I'd potter around some more and then make plans for dinner and/or drinks. I'd hang out with friends, saunter around town, and then make my way home in the evening. I'd get online and chat for a bit, watch some TV, take a shower and go to bed.

These days I'm trying to cut down on the eating out part. Partially to save a bit of money, but mostly because it's just healthier to eat at home. So I've taken to having breakfast at home in the mornings before heading out (a glass of milk and 2 slices of bread), and opting to not have my morning cuppa when I reach the office.

Lunch out is inevitable, but I'm trying not to eat at fancy places too much. And then I head home after work- which leaves me plenty of time to wind down and just relax at home, and also have dinner with the folks.

So far so good. :)

No comments: