Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Time To Get A New Phone?

My current phone, a Sony Ericsson P1i, is more than 2 years old and it's beginning to show. The battery barely lasts a day and I'm unable to charge it fully, even if I plug it to the charger overnight.

Everyone says I should just get the iPhone, because I'm the sort of person who'd really have a lot of fun with it. But while I've heard all the rave reviews about it, I'm also aware of the shortcomings of the phone.

The grasshopper wants to get me a new phone and he's thinking of getting me one that runs on an android platform. Something about being able to run multiple applications at once, or something. (Ask him, he's my tech support guy. Haha.)

So now I'm wondering if I should pay for a mobile data plan, since I seem to be online all the time. Honestly, I have no idea how come I can get online with my prepaid card, but who cares. But maybe it'd be good to have internet access on the go. (My current connection is iffy. Sometimes can, sometimes cannot.) The downside is paying for a subscription- already I'm having a hard time remembering to pay the monthly bills for my mobile broadband dongle.

Oh well. Need to think about it. And did I just devote an entire blog post to something as irrelevant as whether I should get a data plan? Why yes, I think I just did. Lol.

No comments: