Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mid Month Updates

Ah, I've finally had time to take a breather after a hectic past couple of weeks. I'm finally done with the bulk of my work trips, one more at the end of the month and then it's HOLIDAYS!!!

Had an awesome birthday party, and much love to LGG and Metamorphoenix for organising everything. We had a tonne of food, even more booze, and the wonderful company of a bunch of friends who made me feel very, very blessed. And a party is not really a party if you don't end up singing Queen songs, which we did aplenty. I don't even remember how we got started, but suddenly everyone was belting out the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody and Killer Queen. Lol.

Managed to squeeze in a side trip to Borobudur during my last work trip as well, which was great cos now I can strike it off my list. It was quite an adventure too, with us waking up at 2am to take a car there, only to find that the driver thought he was supposed to come in the afternoon, and then finding a cab who was willing to drive for two and a half hours and back.

Borobudur at sunrise is beautiful, and I can understand why the photography teacher keeps emphasising on the right timing to take beautiful pictures. The lighting at such hours is just amazing, and with fewer tourists around, the pictures are also "cleaner" with no random people in the shots.

Had a lovely dinner with my sister at Lawry's and I can't stop gushing about how delicious their steaks are. Om nom nom nom. She also bought me the Baker's Edge brownie pan from when she was back in the States (I've been eyeing it for YEARS) so maybe I'll bake something for Matt's bbq later this evening. Heehee. Other birthday loot included a tonne of booze from the party (everyone came bearing gifts of vodka and wine), a lovely rose solid perfume (brilliant stuff!), a brand new army bag, and a camera bag to house my new baby. Oh! And the free birthday meals. *burp*

Anyway, there's no significant change in turning 30. Life goes on as usual- I'm not suddenly wiser (actually on the contrary, I think I've gotten a little dumber haha) and there are no life changing epiphanies. But what I do know is that life in the 30s will only get better, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

No comments: