Monday, October 14, 2013

Cracked

The name of one of my favourite online sites, and also what the chiropractor did today.

It was a good appointment. The chiropractor explained that tense / tight muscles are shorter and pull the bones closer, leaving little gap in between and squishing the nerves and what have you.

She felt around my spine and head, identified the tight areas, and got me to lie down. A poke and prod on my spine, and crack! A twist of my neck to the left, and craaaaack! A twist of my neck to the right, and craaaaack!

Wooot. It felt good. And she explained that I'll be feeling a little sore tonight and tomorrow. Supposed to ice it but I'm already in bed. Heehee.

She also gave me some sesame oil to rub to prevent inflammation. Which I guess I should use huh.

Anyway the session today reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend a while back. He said that people should see a chiropractor as a preventive measure rather than as a cure. Which makes sense if you think about it, because you might as well get realigned before anything gets too serious.

What a welcome to my 30s. Lol.

No comments: