Friday, April 28, 2017

Gonna Miss My Afternoon Naps

So after 2 years out of the full time work force, I've signed on the dotted line and will be back to work in 2 weeks time. 

It feels bittersweet. 

On the one hand, I'm excited about my new role and I'm definitely excited about having a paycheck again. I think this will be something I'll enjoy, and I daresay I'm looking forward to the challenges that I will be facing and to learning new skills on the job. 

Having a second income is also gonna come in handy, especially once babyAC starts going to childcare. And it will give +3 a bit of a breather when we look at our family budget. 

On the other hand, I know it's gonna be tough being away from the little one. I love our morning routine having breakfast together, and I love being able to bring him out and about to different places during the day. 

He's in good hands, though. Between my mom, nanny and (gasp) my dad, he'll definitely have lots of love and affection and will be well taken care of. 

Plus it'll be good to "train" him to get used to being apart. He turns 15 months today and in another 3 months or so, we're likely to be putting him in childcare. 

So 2 weeks left of being a tai tai. Think I'm gonna go back to bed for my afternoon siesta while I still can. Hehe. 

No comments: