Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Stuff I Do In The Name Of Babysitting

Brought my niece out again yesterday when she came over after lunch. The plan was to catch a movie and walk around for a bit, and we had more time because she didn't have to rush back for any tuition in the evening.

The last time we went out, I managed to avoid watching singing, dancing kids prance about on their graduation day (aka HSM3). This time, however, she wanted to watch magical fairies get gifted with great powers on their graduation day which they will use to save the universe from the dark evil forces. Or something like that. Hello, Winx Club.

The cinema was full of kids, which is expected because it's a cartoon about fairies and evil witches and magical swords. All I can say is, I'm glad she enjoyed it (I'm still trying to recover from the shame). Lol. I have to admit that I enjoyed it better than Madagascar 2, maybe it's because my inner child wants to be a fairy too!

Walked around Vivocity after and got a strange request from her.

"I feel like running," she says.
"Ok, go. I'll wait for you here."
"I don't want to run alone."
"Huh?"
"You run with me?" *expectant look*

So if you saw 2 people running around Vivocity yesterday afternoon with no particular destination in mind, yup, it was the both of us.

After running around and making her do other strange things like sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in Chinese in the middle of the mall, we headed back home for dinner. Somehow or another, she managed to get me to promise to bring her to Timezone after dinner and when we were done eating, she packed her little album of cards and we made our way to the arcade.

Love & Berry Dress Up And Dance! is the game she tried explaining to me which I didn't quite understand till I got to the arcade. Basically, you sit at the machine, feed it money (actually now it's very high tech- you have to swipe a prepaid card) and you will get a card. This card could be one of 4 items- a hairdo, a dress/outfit, shoes, or eyewear.

Apparently different items have different "lucky points" and you swipe these cards in the machine to dress up your character, and if the combination is right, you'll have a really lucky character (Love or Berry- you choose). And then the music starts and you have to "clap" your hands to the rhythm of the music. Of course, the "clapping" action is just you having to push the big bright yellow button.

The luckier your character, the easier it is to score points and if she wins the dance-off, you get to go to the next round. If not, you'll have to start all over again (read: pay more money).

I sat at the arcade in amazement at how kids these think nothing of spending so much time and money at the arcade. Were we ever like that? (And I can't believe I devoted an entire blog article explaining the game.)

No comments: