Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Weekend

I didn't do much this weekend. Had coffee with LGG on Saturday and had a really long chat about everything- our divorces, how 2008 has been for us, and how we know that 2009 will be a better year.

It's always comforting and insightful to chat with LGG about this whole experience because she understands exactly what I am going through, even though the details of our situations are obviously different.

She commented that I seem happy now. Happier than she's seen me in the past months. And I must say, I think I am. I think I have come to terms with the split, accepted what is happening, taken the necessary steps to try to move on with my life.

I've been trying to focus on the positive things in my life, surrounding myself with family and friends who care for me. Keeping myself busy. Thinking happy thoughts.

Of course I have my moments, moments where I feel guilty. Does moving on so quickly mean that my marriage wasn't all that important to me? How can I be happy when I don't even know whether my ex-spouse is doing well? Does moving on mean that I am cold and heartless?

*shrugs*

I just have to remind myself that I did try my best, I did want my marriage to work, but it takes two hands to clap. Plus, there are just too many things that are not within our control. I don't have much regrets, and I just have to try not to think so much about the past.

Anyway, spent the rest of the day watching the Secret Diary of a Call Girl which is based on the blogs of an anonymous London call girl, Belle de Jour. I remember reading the blog for a bit last time, but never really followed it closely.

The TV series was so interesting, it kept me up all Saturday night. Which meant I spent all of today sleeping, haha.

Oh well. There you go, my weekend.

No comments: