Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bunny In Bangalore.. Again

Decided to take a quick trip back to Bangalore over the weekend. The weather in Mumbai was crazy and while I'm sure there were lots of places to chill and hang out at, I made friends in Bangalore and had fun so thought, what the heck?

I really don't know how to explain the sense of familiarity and how comfortable I feel here in India. It's like there is a constant sense of deja vu and I just feel at peace and happy here. Like LGG says, perhaps we really were Indians in our past life.

Asked Arjun to help me to get an appointment with a nadi leaf reader but he was unable to fix one- apparently you need to book months in advance. We went to this place called Legends of Rock and hung out with two of his best friends and had a ball of a time. Spent the first half of Saturday sleeping in and just lazing around, leaving the apartment at about 4ish to look for food.

Headed to a party at this place called Ice on Saturday evening and it started out slowly with me making fun of all the posers and the like, but the music got better in the later part of the night. Beer + music + good company = lots of dancing and a helluvalot of fun. I was grinning from ear to ear.

Had some food to eat after we got back and I have to say, home cooked Indian food is da bomb. Heck, Indian food is da bomb.

My digestive system is holding up, no runs or any food poisoning, and I have to give credit to the Martian for his advise on getting a tonne of probiotics and vitamin C.

Anyway, it's been an amazing weekend. Yes, so it seems like I'm crazy booking a flight to Bangalore and hanging out with someone that I met only for a couple of hours on Monday, but I'm so so so so glad that I did. There's just something about this place that leaves me with a sense of peace and calm. Waking up to the sounds of people in the street, the dust, the noise.. somehow it just screams home. Lol. Feeling rather sentimental now.

Ah well, I'm happy. And that's all that matters. :)

No comments: