Thursday, November 5, 2009

Finally!

Oh yes! I totally forgot about this! I took a day off last week to settle some immigration stuff- transfering my re-entry permit from my old passport to the new one, and stuff like that. Since I was at the ICA, I decided that I might as well just apply for my citizenship.

I know I've been talking about this for the longest time, but honestly, I've never really seen the urgency for it. Everything that everyone said about ease of visa applications etc just weren't all
that relevant to me because I didn't have any plans to go to the States and my Indian visa, though expensive ($500!), was paid for by my company.

However, there've been recent changes in immigration policies from the Chinese embassy and now they are not issuing visas to China for Philippines passport holders in Singapore. So if I wanted to get a visa to China, I'd have to go to the embassy in Manila and apply for it. *faint*

So this was the incentive for me to get the necessary paperwork going. Otherwise, the China/Tibet trip next year wouldn't be possible, and I'd miss out on another epic holiday.

Plus, my sister would be moving to the States next year and funds willing, I'd also want to visit her there next year (and maybe squeeze in a little side trip to New York to see my ex-boss).

With all these upcoming plans, let's hope my application gets approved in time. :)

No comments: